ROCKFON Ceiling Panels with High NRC Achieve Optimized Acoustics
Chicago—Helping optimize acoustics for today’s commercial interiors, theROCKFON Group offers an extensive portfolio of sound-absorbing, acoustic stone-wool ceiling systems. These include baffles, islands, and ceiling panels that can achieve noise reduction coefficients (NRC) as high as 0.95. Sound-absorbing ROCKFON ceiling products shorten reverberation time, improve speech intelligibility, decrease noise levels, and promote privacy
“ROCKFONOptimized Acoustics™ provides a simple, straightforward approach to meet current acoustic standards, guidelines and criteria, while keeping on budget. With ROCKFON ceilings you can optimize the ideal acoustic environment without compromising style or performance,” says Gary Madaras, PhD, ASA, INCE, Assoc. AIA, acoustics specialist at the ROCKFON Group.
“High-performing absorptive ceiling panels of NRC 0.90 can improve the acoustic experience in open-plan offices, classrooms, retail shops, health care patient recovery areas, as well as in multifunctional rooms, corridors, meeting rooms, lobbies and reception areas.” Madaras explains, “NRC indicates the amount of noise absorbed by a ceiling material. Typically, the higher the NRC the better. Ceilings lower than NRC 0.70 often require additional absorption on the walls. Look to your ceiling panels to meet the high absorption requirements you need and to your walls for blocking, when it’s needed.”
ROCKFON sound-absorbing acoustic stone-wool ceiling products include:
- ROCKFON Alaska®, with an NRC of 0.90, provides sound absorption for open-plan offices, classrooms, retail, and reception areas.
- ROCKFON Medical Plus™, with an NRC of 0.90, provides sound absorption and superior hygienic properties for medical office buildings, acute care hospitals, and elder care residences.
- ROCKFON Sonar®, with an NRC of up to 0.95, provides sound absorption for health care, education, and open-plan offices.
Available in a wide range of standard sizes, styles, and formats, ROCKFON acoustic ceiling products contribute to commercial projects’ creative designs, industry-leading performance, and sustainability goals. The panels’ lightly textured white surface delivers high light reflectance (0.85 LR) to maximize daylighting and dimensional stability at up to 100 percent relative humidity. Contributing to buildings’ environmental goals, ROCKFON acoustic stone wool ceiling products have earned UL® Environment’s GREENGUARD Gold Certification for low-emitting products.
Providing low maintenance and long-term durability, ROCKFON products supplied in North America are supported by a thirty-year warranty.
To learn more about ROCKFON Optimized Acoustics, please visitOptimizedAcoustics.com. The website serves as a digital hub of educational resources and tools on acoustical performance and ceiling systems. Visitors explore paths highlighting acoustic considerations that benefit occupants and owners.
Aquatic Center Relies on ROCKFON Ceiling Systems to Create Attractive, Functional, Sustainable Facility
Chicago—Located forty minutes from Vancouver, British Columbia, theCity of Surrey’s Guildford Recreation Centre features a new 112,000-square-foot aquatic center. Helping create an attractive, functional, and sustainable facility,ROCKFON Sonar® acoustic stone wool ceiling systems were installed throughout the new space.
Ceiling panel selection was a critical part in meeting the overall performance specification and the building team’s approval. “We must have looked at 10 different ceiling manufacturers before ROCKFON was chosen,” remembered Woudstra. “Although ROCKFON’s products were new to us in North America, we reviewed its demonstrated history and precedents on other pool projects in Europe. ROCKFON’s ceiling panels met the project’s acoustic, light reflectance and atmospheric requirements, and the budget target.”
Based on all the advantages of stone wool ceiling panels,ROCKFON Sonar Activity direct mount and Sonar CDX concealed panels were approved.
Guildford Aquatic Centre, 15105 105 Ave., Surrey, BC V3R 7G8, Canada
- Owner: City of Surrey; Surrey, British Columbia;http://www.surrey.ca
- Architect of record—exterior and interior: Bing Thom Architects; Vancouver, British Columbia;http://bingthomarchitects.com
- Architect—pool areas: SHAPE Architecture; Vancouver, British Columbia;http://shapearchitecture.ca
- Acousticians: BKL Consultants; North Vancouver, British Columbia;http://bkl.ca
- General contractor: Heatherbrae Builders; Richmond, British Columbia;http://heatherbrae.com
- Truss fabricator-erector and acoustic ceiling installer: StructureCraft Builders Inc.; Delta, British Columbia;http://www.structurecraft.com
- ROCKFON ceiling systems: ROCKFON Sonar Activity and Sonar CDX stone wool ceiling panels,http://www.rockfon.com
- Photographer: We See Design Inc. Raef Grohne Architectural Photographer
The ROCKFON Group is a leading provider of acoustic stone wool and metallic ceiling solutions and suspension systems.
With the acquisition of Chicago Metallic Corporation Inc., The ROCKFON Group provides customers a complete ceiling system offering combining stone wool and specialty metal ceiling panels with Chicago Metallic suspension systems.
The ROCKFON Group complete ceiling systems are a fast and simple way to create beautiful, comfortable spaces. Easy to install and durable, they protect people from noise and the spread of fire, while making a constructive contribution toward a sustainable future.
The ROCKFON Company is a subsidiary of Denmark-based ROCKWOOL International A/S, the world’s largest producer of stone wool products. ROCKWOOL International A/S is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange Copenhagen. More than 11,000 people in 35 countries are employed within the ROCKWOOL Group.
In North America, the ROCKWOOL Group operates under the name ROXUL. ROCKWOOL®, ROXUL® and ROCKFON® are all registered trademarks of ROCKWOOL International A/S.
For more information, visit www.rockfon.com.
Media Contact: Heather West, 612-724-8760, firstname.lastname@example.org