INTER-NOISE 2018 will be held in Chicago, USA, at the Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, August 26–29, 2018. The theme of the Congress is Impact of Noise Control Engineering.
INCE-USA will be hosting INTER-NOISE 2018 on behalf of the International Institute of Noise Control Engineering (I-INCE). INTER-NOISE 2018 is also being supported by ASME-NCAD. Planned is a full program of technical presentations, exposition of noise control materials and instrumentation, and the opportunity to establish good networking with peers and others working in the same field.
- Technical papers in numerous sessions spanning many areas of noise and vibration;
- A large exposition of noise and vibration control materials, analysis software, and measurement systems and instrumentation;
- Two plenary lectures and four keynote lectures spanning major topics in noise control engineering and aligning with the theme of the Congress; and
- A series of short courses on noise and vibration control.
- More details, including important dates—abstract and paper deadlines and registration—can be found on the INTER-NOISE 2018 website: internoise2018.org.
Charlie Moritz and Joe Cuschieri, Co-Presidents of INTER-NOSIE 2018, and David Herrin and Teik Lim, Technical Co-Chairs, are looking forward to your participation and to seeing you in Chicago, USA.
For answers to your questions send direct email to: email@example.com.
The congress will feature 12 to 15 parallel sessions and poster presentations. David Herrin and Teik Lim want to extend a special invitation to submit your abstracts, both related to the theme Impact of Noise Control Engineering and on other topics related to noise control engineering. Below is a list of the planned technical sessions. Abstracts should be submitted on the Congress website and the deadline has been specially extended to accommodate your submission. Papers are due by May 7, 2018.
- Advances in Acoustic Materials
- Acoustic Metamaterials
- Microperforated Panels
- Porous Materials Measurement and Modeling
Active Control of Sound and Vibration
- Advances in Active Control of Sound and Vibration
- Application of Active Control
- Algorithms for Active Control and Speech Enhancement
- Advances in Aircraft Noise
- Aircraft Interior Noise
- Aircraft Exterior Noise
- UAV Noise
- Airport Noise
Bill Lang Memorial Session
- Bill Lang Memorial Session
Building / Architectural Acoustics
- Advances in Building / Architectural Acoustics
- Impact and Structure borne Noise in Buildings
- HVAC Noise Control Methods and Standards
- HVAC Equipment and System Noise
- Building Acoustics Case Studies
- Building Acoustics Measurement
- Façade and Envelope Sound Isolation
- Acoustic Regulations, Enforcement and Classification for New, Existing, and Retrofitted Buildings
- Healthcare Acoustics
- Hall and Auditorium Acoustics
- Predictions and Prediction Methods in Building/Room Acoustics
- Measurement Methods in Building/Room Acoustics
- Acoustics of Lightweight Construction
- Acoustical Standards and Guidelines as Basis of Design for Large Mixed-use Urban Development
- Classic Papers Student Paper Competition
- Advances in Community Noise
- Urban Sound Planning
- Noise Mapping
- Wind Turbine Noise
- Advances in Construction Noise
Flow Induced Noise and Vibration
- Advances in Flow Induced Noise and Vibration
- Flow Induced Noise and Vibration – Computational Methods
- Flow Induced Noise and Vibration – Experiments
The Impact of Noise Control
- Noise Policies and Regulations
- Advances in Industrial Noise
- Mufflers and Silencers
- Large Silencers
- Industrial Noise Simulation
- Gear Noise
- Case Studies
- Advances in Measurement Methods
- Acoustical Holography / Beamforming
- Signal Processing
- Environmental Management through Monitoring
Noise and Health
- Health Effects of Environmental Noise
- Health Effects of Aircraft Noise
- Health Effects of Road Traffic Noise
- Health Effects of Wind Turbine Noise
- Health Effects of Occupational Noise
Numerical Methods and Simulation
- Advances in Numerical Methods and Simulation
- Analytical Modeling
- Advances in Railroad Noise
- Monitoring Railway Noise, Rail and Wheel Roughness
- Noise and Vibration Mitigation Measures
- High Speed Rail Noise and Vibration
- Light Rail Noise and Vibration
Sound Quality and Product Noise
- Product Sound Quality
- Power Tool Noise
- Consumer Product Noise
- Buy Quiet
- Information Technology Equipment Noise
- Sound in Multisensory Perception and Interaction
- Psychoacoustics in Noise Evaluation
Sound Scape and Noise Management
- Soundscape, Health, and Quality of Life
- Noise Control / Measures for Quiet Zones, Parks and Recreational Areas
- Psychoacoustic Evaluation of Environmental Noise / Soundscape
- Soundscape in Architecture and Urban Planning
- Indoor Soundscape
- Apps, Social Media, and Virtual Reality as Soundscape Evaluation Tools
Tire and Road Noise
- Advances in Tire Noise
- Pavement Noise
- Advances in Transportation Noise
- Pass-by Noise Simulation
- Traffic Noise
- Perception of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
- Transport Sound Simulation and Environmental Impact
Underwater / Maritime Acoustics
- Advances in Underwater / Maritime Acoustics
- Ships and Offshore Noise and Vibration
Vehicle Noise, Vibration, and Harshness
- Advances in Vehicle NVH
- Body Structure NVH
- Powertrain NVH
- Aerodynamic and Flow Induced Vehicle Noise
- Vehicle Passive Noise Control
- Vehicle Active Noise Control
- Advances in Vibro-Acoustics
- Acoustic Black Holes
- Application of Vibro-Acoustic Methods to Noise Control Treatment
- Vibro-Acoustic Experiments
- Vibro-Acoustics of Composite Panels
- Low Frequency Numerical Methods in Vibro-Acoustics
- Mid and High Frequency Numerical Methods in Vibro-Acoustics
- Stochastic Vibro-Acoustic Problems: Methods and Applications
- Inverse Approaches in Vibro-Acoustics
- Optical Measurements in Vibro-Acoustics Applications
Plenary and Keynote Lectures
The two plenary lectures will be given by Patricia Davies and Barry Gibbs, while the four keynote lectures will be given by Truls Gjestland, Jean Luis Guyader, Li Cheng, and Amiya Mohanty.
About Chicago and the Congress Venue
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile is a premier hotel in downtown Chicago with spectacular views and unmatched service. The hotel has over 1,200 rooms, offering a special rate of $199.00 plus taxes for INTER-NOISE 2018 attendees.
There are 170 award-winning restaurants and endless shopping just blocks away. Nearby attractions include the Navy Pier, the Art Institute, Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum, Field Museum, Museum of Science & Industry, and many other cultural attractions.
Chicago is a multicultural city encompassing a bustling downtown business district with some of North America’s tallest buildings to its 77 distinct neighborhoods. Chicago is home to world class museums, theaters, and numerous musical venues and parks.
Chicago is served by two international airports. O’Hare International Airport is just 17 miles from downtown and is one of the largest airports in the world. It’s also North America’s major international gateway airport serving passengers from over 200 destinations around the globe. Midway International Airport is located just 10 miles from downtown Chicago and offers another convenient option for travelers with over 60 destinations.
Once you’re in Chicago, the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) operates the nation’s second largest public transportation system and serves not only Chicago but also 40 neighboring communities by rail and bus.
Online registration will be available April 1, 2018.
Registration fees of participants and students include:
- Access to the technical and poster sessions, exposition, and daily coffee service
- All technical sessions
- Opening and closing ceremonies
- Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday evening receptions
The official language of the Congress is English.
A personalized letter can be obtained upon request. The organizing committee will be happy to send a personal invitation for participation in the Congress. It must be understood that such an invitation is only to help visitors obtain funds for travel and accommodation or a visa and is not a commitment on the part of the organizers to provide any financial support. Please contact the conference secretariat.
- Early: USD 680
- Regular: USD 750
- On-site: USD 800
- USD 100
- Additional paper: USD 100
Accompanying Persons: USD 150
Additional Proceedings: USD 70
Congress Banquet: USD 125
Payment to be made in USD
*Students may be asked to present a valid student ID when picking up registration materials at the congress.
The Exposition on Noise Control Instrumentation, Materials, and Modelling Tools will be an integral part of the Congress. It will open with a reception on Monday to which all registered attendees are invited. Companies interested in being part of the exposition should contact the congress secretariat.