NOISE-CON 2020 Moves to Virtual Conference
By Gordon Ebbitt
NOISE-CON Conference Chair
The NOISE-CON 2020 organizing committee is excited to announce that we will be holding a virtual conference this year. Our primary goal is to protect the health of NC20 participants. We also expect this will expand conference participation to those who might not normally be able to attend a NOISE-CON. The committee is working out the details, but we would like to share what we know so far:
- The conference will still begin on November 16, 2020. The exact schedule is being determined, but it will likely expand beyond our normal two-and-a-half-day format to fill the entire week, with shorter sessions each day.
- Technical sessions, plenary sessions, networking opportunities, a supplier expo, and many other events are being planned.
- Technical presentations will be archived for a period of time so conference attendees can view them at their convenience.
- As with all NOISE-CON conferences, the conference papers will be published in a proceedings. In addition, all papers will be published in the online INCE digital library.
- The paper due date remains September 1, 2020, and the early bird registration deadline is September 22, 2020.
- Visit the NOISE-CON website for more details on registration, including the online registration fee.
So far, more than 220 abstracts have been received for NOISE-CON 2020, and we are expecting a very interesting technical program!
As you can imagine, we have a lot of work to do. We will make announcements as the details are confirmed. Please check the NOISE-CON 20 website and Noise/News International for the latest information.