What’s happening at INTER-NOISE 2018?
INTER-NOISE 2018 is just around the corner, but it’s not too late to register to attend! Take a look at all that is happening at the 47th International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering. If you can’t make it, be sure to check out updates from Noise/News International for all your INTER-NOISE 2018 news!
- Opening ceremony: plenary lecture to be given by Barry Marshall Gibbs, Professorial Fellow within the Acoustics Research Unit of the School of Architecture at the University of Liverpool.
- Welcome reception on Sunday, August 26, 2018.
- Student breakfast—a networking opportunity to meet other students and leaders in the field of noise control engineering.
- Keynote lecture given by Li Cheng, Chair Professor of Mechanical Engineering and the Director of Consortium for Sound and Vibration Research (CSVR) at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, entitled “Sound Absorption of Microperforated Panels in Complex Vibroacoustic Environments.”
- Keynote lecture given by Truls Gjestland, research scientist at SINTEF for 50 years and now semiretired. Gjestland is a fellow of the Acoustical Society of America and honorary member of the Acoustical Society of Norway and East-European Acoustics Association. His lecture is entitled “Fifty Years of Aircraft Noise Annoyance—Time to Introduce New Ideas.”
- Over 800 technical papers in 12 different sessions.
- I-INCE Young Professional Workshop.Exposition with opening reception on Monday, August 27, 2018.
- Keynote lecture given by Jean-Louis Guyader, Emeritus Professor at the National Institute of Applied Sciences (INSA) in Lyon, France, entitled “Building Non Modal Vibro-Acoustics Models from Measured System Responses.”
- Keynote lecture given by A. R. Mohanty, Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, and also the Shyamal Ghosh and Sunanda Ghosh Chair Professor, entitled “Acoustic Materials for Industrial Noise Control.”
- Over 65 poster presentations begin on Tuesday morning and continue through Wednesday.
- Women in Noise Control Engineering luncheon.
- William Lang Honorary Session.
- Congress banquet at the Museum of Science and Industry—a popular tourist attraction not to be missed while in Chicago!
- INCE-USA Awards and Recognition Ceremony.
- Closing Ceremony: plenary lecture to be given by Patricia Davies, Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Purdue University and Director of the Ray W. Herrick Laboratories, entitled “Perception-Based Engineering: Integrating Sound Perception into Engineering Design.”
- Closing ceremony and reception hosted by the INTER-NOISE 2019 Organizing Committee.