Editor’s Note: This article was written in early March. Readers are encouraged to check the conference website (https://internoise2020.org) for up-to-date details related to COVID-19.
The 49th International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering will be held in Seoul, Korea, August 23–26, 2020. The congress is hosted by the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering (KSNVE) on behalf of the I-INCE. The theme of the congress is Advances in Noise and Vibration Control Technology, and it will be held at COEX Convention Center, Seoul, Korea.
The INTER-NOISE Congress is the largest international gathering of experts in noise control engineering each year. It has been held annually since 1972 at venues around the world. The congress includes a large technical program consisting of papers and posters on all topics of noise control engineering. Papers summarizing these presentations are collected into a proceedings document that is available for reference after the congress. The congress also includes an exhibition of the latest products and instrumentation for noise control engineering.
INTER-NOISE 2020 will provide the best opportunity for engineers and scientists in all fields of acoustics to learn about and share their work with colleagues from around the world. Two plenary lectures, three keynote lectures, and more than one hundred technical sessions will be organized for exchanging views and sharing experiences. We believe that this congress will be an invaluable experience for all participants and a great opportunity to create new memories with the INTER-NOISE family in the beautiful city of Seoul.
INTER-NOISE 2020 promises to be a jam-packed conference with highlights including the following:
- Plenary Speaker, Jaeheon Kim, “Progress in NVH Technology for Future Mobility”
- Plenary Speaker, Catherine Gustavino, “A Cognitive Approach to Urban Soundscapes”
- Keynote: Bosun Xie and Michelle C. Vigeant, “Spatial Hearing and Virtual Auditory Display”
- Keynote: Wonju Jeon and Mikhail A. Mironov, “Acoustic Black Hole and Metamaterials”
- Keynote: Berndt Zeitler and Atsuo Hiramitsu, “Floor Impact Vibration and Noise Control”
- I-INCE Practice of Noise Control School
- I-INCE Young Professionals Workshop
- Young Professionals Social Networking Event
- Short Course 1—Challenges to Understand Acoustics in 4 Hours
- Short Course 2—Deep Learning for Noise/Vibration Engineering
- Multiple technical sessions, including to the Hyundai Motorstudio Goyang and Seooreung Royal Tombs, Samsung Electronics R&D Center and Korean Folk Village, and the Acoustics and Vibration Laboratory of Advanced Automotive Research Center (AARC) and Kyujanggak in Seoul National University
- Tours and activities for accompanying persons
- And much, much more!
For more information on the conference, please visit https://internoise2020.org/.
I-INCE Young Professional Congress Attendance Grants (YP Grants)
The goal of this program is to assist young professionals in engineering to attend the 49th International Congress on Noise Control Engineering (INTER-NOISE 2020) to be held in Seoul, August 23–26, 2020.
I-INCE has allocated the funds to support 20 grants, each with a value of 600 euros. Registration for the congress will be subtracted from the grant and the remaining amount will be available at the time of the congress in local currency as a contribution to partially cover other travel and accommodation expenses. The notification of the award of the prestigious YP Grant may be used to assist with obtaining additional funding from other sources.
Candidates must be relatively early in their professional careers (typically fewer than 10 years of active career). They can be undergraduate or postgraduate students, postdoctoral candidates, or young acousticians or noise control engineers working in the industry. Preference will be given to students.
The application and abstract submission deadline (for the grant) is March 15, 2020. Candidates must first submit the abstract of their paper via the conference website (https://internoise2020.org/) and then submit their award application via the I-INCE Young Professionals page.